Menu
HoneywellX
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is my Hub 4 fried?

This morning I had a power cut. I had my hub 4 on modem mode and saw that the light on my router was red.

The hub 4 just has a constant white light - no flashing to show that its booting up or anything. I can't access the router settings via 192.168.100.1 and holding depressing the pinhole for 60 seconds does nothing - the light stays on at all times. 

I've unplugged it from the socket for 10 minutes, removed all ethernet cables, unplugged the coax cable but still all the same. 

Does this mean my hub 4 is totally gone? I've got an engineer booked for Thursday - do they carry replacements or do I need to arrange this separately? 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is my Hub 4 fried?

They should have a replacement onboard for you.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
HoneywellX
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When I called them up, I didn't specifically request for a new hub since I wasn't sure that was the issue, they just said they'd send a technician over. Would they still have some with them? Sorry if it's a stupid question, just gotta make sure as I can't go any more days without Internet due to WFH 😬

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Generally all engineers carry replacement hubs, in this case there should be a description of the issue, that should be hub not responding or working so engineer would likely be prepared for this, 

I've had an installation technician offer to go back to the yard and get me a Hub 4 when I asked about having one as I planned to upgrade to Gig1 previously but I said not to worry as the upgrade would prompt one to be sent anyway.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Power off the hub with it in modem mode for 2mins connect a PC/laptop to the hub power on unpulg repulg the Ethernet may be needeed see if you get internet.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
HoneywellX
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've tried to connect it via ethernet to a laptop but still nothing. It doesn't even show up as any possible connection. 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

looks like its dead then you might want to look at getting a Surge and Spike Protection Extension.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, HoneywellX

Apologies for the late reply and sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your hub. Have things been sorted since your post and was the engineer able to get this fixed?

Cheers,

Corey C