cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to limit speed on Hub 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is possible on other routers, but is there a way to limit speed to a device or in general using the Hub 3? Many other routers allow you to limit the speed to individual devices and I have been unable to find a setting on the Hub 3.

Is there a way to do this manually or would it require purchasing a more advanced router and using the Hub in modem mode, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Not on a Hub 3 that I'm aware of.  But what are you trying to achieve?  Most of us would prefer faster speeds rather than slower, if this is about "preferring" a specific device, then most decent routers and mesh systems offer some form of Quality of Service (QoS) capability, although even that isn't necessarily a speed limiter as such.

@Andrew-G wrote:

But what are you trying to achieve?  

Dunno about OP but I’m certainly considering varying levels of packet loss as a modern day version of grounding as my kids get a bit older 😂

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Almost any modern router or mesh has a control app that allows blocking of selected devices at the press of a touchscreen (even the VN Connect app allows that, I believe).  Not quite the same as limiting speed or even inducing a bit of packet loss to make the blighters give up!