Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is it possible to change the IP address of the SuperHub3?

Thanks to an engineer leaving a spare SuperHub3 and more use of the wifi in the last few weeks, I thought I'd use the spare SH3 to improve my wifi coverage as per several articles in these forums.

They all make sense apart from the rather glib "change the IP address of the spare hub", I just can't see how you can do that through the SuperHub3 GUI.

Can it be done, and if so?

If it's not I'll guess it's time to spend some money and get some mesh network kit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it possible to change the IP address of the SuperHub3?

You shouldn’t have a spare hub - you’re only allowed one per property and VM retain ownership of them.

You're better off getting a mesh system as you’ve already stated or a better standalone router. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If VM were anyway competent I wouldn't have a spare hub but one sent in the post and engineer brought one, he said might as well leave one here just in case, i.e. he didn't want it take it back as it then became his problem. It's been sat in a corner for over a year now, so VM clearly not that fussed.

So anyone have a helpful answer? Even a no not possible would be nice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok.

No is the answer to your question. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos