Menu
jeffsmith82
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Ipv6 status

Is there any update on when ipv6 will be deployed to virgin? Or even a rough timeline of after docsis 3.1 upgrades or we aim for q2 next year ?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ipv6 status

Hello

Virginmedia tend to release press releases a few days before any major changes happen, keep an eye out at https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases any updates are all classed as company confidential until these press release.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Please refer to one of your many previous posts made on the matter

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jeffsmith82
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I have looked at them and contributed to thembbut still no response from virgin media. Sounds like something their customers actually want if there are so many posts.

0 Kudos
jeffsmith82
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

So no update on this ?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

A rep will respond (with the same response as last time) in about 10 days.

Stop bumping posts. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jeffsmith82
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Anyone that has had to call virgin support knows 10 days is pretty fast for them. At least i don't have to listen to coldplay for the whole time here.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi @jeffsmith82,

Thank you for your posts, and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

We're always looking at ways to improve and expand on our services. As I can see other members of the community have mentioned in this thread, we'll communicate any updates of this nature when there's more information to offer.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like something their customers actually want if there are so many posts.” Yes IP6 would be very nice, but I believe the vast majority of their customers a) have no idea what IP6 is & b) have no present need for it. It will arrive when VM deems it to be cost justifiable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
jeffsmith82
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

To give you an idea of a present need for ipv6 I'm currently migrating a server room in our office to a data center. We are struggling to get more than 4 ipv4 addresses assigned to us as you might have heard about we have run out of them. Ipv6 on the other hand we got assigned a few billion of them for a tenner month.

They are not much use to us if the home users which a fair share have virgin at home can't access them as they don't provide ipv6 addresses. Sky and BT already provide them just virgin the last bug provider that doesn't. 

0 Kudos