Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Iphone interfering with wifi

Hi all

We have great speed on our virgin broadband over wifi. I work on Teams video calls most of the day - generally connection is good. However, I've realised that my signal always drops when my husband walks into the room with the router in it, and I think it might be his Iphone that is interfering. Or his body. One of the two.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Is there a setting on the router we can fix related to his Iphone connection? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iphone interfering with wifi

What model hub do you have and what model iPhone?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iphone interfering with wifi

@klikker22 wrote:

Hi all

We have great speed on our virgin broadband over wifi. I work on Teams video calls most of the day - generally connection is good. However, I've realised that my signal always drops when my husband walks into the room with the router in it, and I think it might be his Iphone that is interfering. Or his body. One of the two.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Is there a setting on the router we can fix related to his Iphone connection? 

Do a simple test.

Ask him to leave his iPhone in another room then go into the Hub room - if the Wi-Fi drops it may be him blocking the signal.

If it doesn't drop tell him to get the phone and come back in and see if it drops.

If the Hub is in the same room as you, try connecting with a Cat 6 ethernet cable.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos