Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ios13 issues

Hi

I am having issues with wifi on my iPhone after upgrading to ios13. I have done all the trouble shooting stuff forums suggest, ie turn wifi on/off, rest network settings, reboot/factory settings phone.  

is anyone else having similar issues? My wife’s phone is doing the same I think, but my old old iPad is doing ok on the network.  My phone connects to my work wifi ok. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ios13 issues

Hi Stevenkethers,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your WiFi on your iPhone. Can you expand on the specific issue you're having? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am also having same issue this happened in iOS 11 , iOS 12 no issues but now iOS 13 even with latest update still have WiFi issues were my phone internet stops working so I have to switch WiFi on and off again , I am using super hub 2 and switched on and off etc 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The SH2 is prone to wifi issues. I would first get a free upgrade to the Hub3 and thne see if that solves the issues - you may need to tweak some of its settings to optimise wifi performance - but you wont know until you have one.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message – then when you call, go through options 1,1,4,4 - to get through to retentions - you will get a UK based person who should at least know about the deal - no-one seems to have informed the "offshore" lot about it yet ! It may be that they think that you aren’t eligible and they will want to charge you - do not accept that (except for a small delivery charge) - come back here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The issue is that the wifi works when I am close to the hub but when I moved out the room it stops working even though it says I have 2/3 “bars” of wifi. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What iphone do you have? I have an iP8 plus and it has had no issues at all on any iOS.
I would get the Hub swapped and see how it performs then as it sounds like the SH2's wifi is failing

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I forgot to mention I’ve the Hub3. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ahhh - in that case - try this first.

Go into the Hub3 settings. Type in http://192.168.0.1 into your web browser’s url box and login with settings password on the Hub's base sticker (or your own if you changed it).
Then in Advanced>wireless>smart wifi - tick the disable “channel optimisation” box and save settings. Then, go to advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's. Just change 'em to whatever you like and something that will differentiate them (e.g - xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) -- use the same password if you like, Then, apply settings and restart the Hub. Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated - and you can then select the network you want to connect to individually from the "available networks" list on each device. 5 GHz is usually better and subject to less interference (and is better for iDevices ) than the 2.4 one - although this one has the better "range" and some older/cheaper/dumber devices can only use this one.

You can also use a wifi analyser App to check which 2.4 channels are being heavily used around you and move yours to one of numbers 1,6,11 that is least so.

See if that helps - you will lose any “seamless roaming” benefits but it may not matter and you can always change the settings back or do a "factory reset" if you prefer the way it was - or it doesn’t help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem it’s very frustrating I have used up all my data as I didn’t realise that WiFi kept on turning off 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi KLFreeman - you are able to action a setting on your phone that wouldn't allow data to be used when not connected to WiFi. 

Can I ask if you are a media customer also? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos