Menu
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
164 Views
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Internet

The last two days my internet keeps dropping after about 10 minutes, two green lights show up on the hub 3 and then it reconnects a couple moments later, driving me insane and just spent an hour on the phone and didn’t get an answer. Virgin are an actual joke, any help will be appreciated 

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3.65K
  • 283
  • 513
Superfast
161 Views
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet


@02dh wrote:

The last two days my internet keeps dropping after about 10 minutes, two green lights show up on the hub 3 and then it reconnects a couple moments later, driving me insane and just spent an hour on the phone and didn’t get an answer. Virgin are an actual joke, any help will be appreciated 


Not 'an actual joke', just busy.

Try at 8am when they open the lines.

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
155 Views
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet

who are you to tell me they ain’t a joke 

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 24.77K
  • 1.43K
  • 3.15K
Alessandro Volta
152 Views
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet


@02dh wrote:

who are you to tell me they ain’t a joke 


And you are?


*****
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3.65K
  • 283
  • 513
Superfast
151 Views
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet


@02dh wrote:

who are you to tell me they ain’t a joke 


Someone who's had to contact them recently and had no issues with their customer service...

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
138 Views
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet

Obviously have too much time on your hands to be able to contact them outside of the hours where it’s 2 hours to talk to someone 

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3.65K
  • 283
  • 513
Superfast
136 Views
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet


@02dh wrote:

Obviously have too much time on your hands to be able to contact them outside of the hours where it’s 2 hours to talk to someone 


No, I just spent 30 seconds texting them and got a reply the next day.

It's ironic that you have the time to post rhetorical comments on this forum.

Highlighted
  • 70
  • 2
  • 19
Tuning in
106 Views
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet

Just ignore all of the apologists on here. They're struggling to accept that Virgin might have a huge problem with their customer service. They're just trying to agitate and preserve their post level and weird status on this forum. 

Perhaps a better response from them would be "So, due to the pandemic it looks like Virgin are massively struggling to answer calls. Don't be surprised to hold for 90 minutes to two hours. You foten get cut off around the hour mark but if you make it past that then it looks like you might be in luck. You can try texting them but again, that often goes unanswered. You can file a complaint and they have 8 weeks to address that. It's worth doing just to put your frustration in writing and get a proper date for when the issue was first reported. The details are on this site. It is an incredibly hard time for people and being without internet when working from home puts an enormous pressure on people. Hopefully Virgin sort this out soon."

________________________________

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3.65K
  • 283
  • 513
Superfast
50 Views
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet


@Tilt wrote:

Just ignore all of the apologists on here. They're struggling to accept that Virgin might have a huge problem with their customer service. They're just trying to agitate and preserve their post level and weird status on this forum. 

Perhaps a better response from them would be "So, due to the pandemic it looks like Virgin are massively struggling to answer calls. Don't be surprised to hold for 90 minutes to two hours. You foten get cut off around the hour mark but if you make it past that then it looks like you might be in luck. You can try texting them but again, that often goes unanswered. You can file a complaint and they have 8 weeks to address that. It's worth doing just to put your frustration in writing and get a proper date for when the issue was first reported. The details are on this site. It is an incredibly hard time for people and being without internet when working from home puts an enormous pressure on people. Hopefully Virgin sort this out soon."


It's the attitude of people that come on here that annoys me. Having internet access is a privilege, not a right.

Regardless of the 'current situation' relying solely on a home internet connection for buisiness use, or expecting it to be up 100% of the time, is moronic.

I couldn't care less about my post level.

My initial post was not agitative, just the blunt truth.

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 70
  • 2
  • 19
Tuning in
24 Views
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet

Let’s stick to the facts, Carl as this is a support forum not an opinion forum. 

If you’re paying for broadband with Virgin you enter into a contract with terms and conditions. There are certain things in those - such guaranteed speeds - which you have the right to. That’s the service you’re paying for; it’s not a privilege. If a user (such as the OP) is unhappy with the level of service then it is also their right to complain (as set out under the terms and conditions) and if they’re dissatisfied with that then they are free to take it to CISAS. That is where their rights end. 

The Internet Is A Privilege and Not A Right sounds like a super interesting 6th form essay but is probably best placed on the community natter forum as opposed to a help forum. 

Best,

Tilt.

________________________________

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Reply