Menu
Brendenlee666
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet

Hi just called vm and it did an automated test and sed I had an intermittent problem and hung up on me so called back and went through the same process and get told all call centres are closed and to go on line so I did and alli I seam to be able to find a 3 or 4 step thing the tells me to reset my router but I need to get in touch with some one because there is an issue with my router 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet

What is the issue with your Hub? What Hub model is it ?

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Brendenlee666
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 2 

Checked all of that

If I unplug my hub and reset it it will work for an hour or 2 and the go down again 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's. It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance before calling.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

However, without seeing the data from the Hub its difficult to know where the problem is and whether a new Hub will fix it. So can you post up 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages behind the "Router Status Button" at the top right of the login page (dont actually log in). Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button a second time).

Also, in the meantime, if you haven’t already, set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” (as per instructions on the TB website) when you have the first 24h period.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos