Menu
DaVinci
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Internet-wifi on the move

I wonder if someone can tell me how to get internet-wifi in the motorhome. In some countries they can clone the SIMcard and just have a second router but I have been told that cannot be done in UK.

Does anyone know anything about these things?

Our SMARTtv works via the wifi in the house but when travelling, no signal even when the ariel booster is on.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet-wifi on the move

You’ll need a 4G/5G router and a SIM card from a network provider 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
tehwolf
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Something like this - easy to wire into the motor home and compatible with decent external antennas.

Chuck a sim in it and you’re good to go. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@tehwolf wrote:

Something like this - easy to wire into the motor home and compatible with decent external antennas.

that is perfect just what i need as a failover for my connetion. Looks like you just cost me some money 🙂

tehwolf
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

@tehwolf wrote:

that is perfect just what i need as a failover for my connetion. Looks like you just cost me some money 🙂

Is exactly what I use it for.

the interface is horribly slow - painful to use, but once setup is done you can forget about it.

DaVinci
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So, I need a second SIM for this. Is EE the best?or..?
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@DaVinci wrote:
So, I need a second SIM for this. Is EE the best?or..?

Yes you’ll need a dedicated sim for it, which provider you choose probably comes down to coverage in the areas you frequent... 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

i use smarty. No 5g but unlimted 4G data for £20

I have 3 sims. 2 with unlimted data and one in my phone with 30GB total price. £50 not bad at all

Won't fit everyone but well worth checking out
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Does the TV not have a connection for a terrestrial antenna (aerial) or satellite feed?

Many motor home or caravan users have portable satellite dishes and/or DTT (freeview in UK) rather than expensive data plans.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
DaVinci
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes, the motorhome have an ariel on the roof but the wifi woould enable us to use smarttv, laptops and mobilephones, GPS via the wifi.

0 Kudos