Menu
Smeep
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet suddenly failing

First of all, let me state how incredibly unprofessional it is of Virgin that I can not get a phone number or live chat via the support pages.

So far today, I've lost an hour of work thanks to this. An hour I either have to pay back with time or lose financially.

That being said, ny Internet has been great for months until the last few weeks. Where its been slowly getting worse and worse.

Problem: came to log on for work today, Internet is very intermittent. When it does connect, 36mb (down) at most.

Hub 4. Gig internet package.

Tried: 

Soft rebooting router.

Hard rebooting router.

Turning router off for five minutes.

Checked ethernet ports (all connections wired)

Checked wall socket

Checked router login page for anomalies

Checked service status online

All i wanted to do was call/live chat and have someone at virgin check my line...

Anyway, what next? Or how do i get in touch with virgin?

Edit: should say i am technically connected, web pages will load eventually. Video, will not load. Vpn will not connect.

Basically anything that requires more than parsing HTML and CSS doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Solarax
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet suddenly failing

Where abouts in the UK are you? This sounds similar to what I'm experiencing in West London which is a known SNR fault that's been going on for nearly two weeks and getting worse.

Do you run a BQM graph? That will help diagnose.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Smeep
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello, apparently there are some network upgrades going on in the area which means I may experience loss of service. Thank you so much for that number, at least I have an idea of what's going on now. With regards to BQM I have just started doing that today as a result of your comment.

I'm back online for now, but at less than half the speeds I was before this started happening.

0 Kudos