Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet repeatedly cutting out

Hi,

The internet in my house was previously good but over the past week it repeatedly drops the internet connection. This is the case even when i'm sat next to the router.

I've tried ringing the customer service and all the help guides and its not solved anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet repeatedly cutting out

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You mean connecting my laptop to the router with an ethernet cable?

I dont have one to try with but my devices dont appear to lose connection to the router, just the internet. Is there anything else to try before buying a cable?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The only way to test the WAN connection is with an ethernet connection.

VM supply an ethernet cable with the Hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They installed it before we moved in and didnt leave us with the box. I'll have to get a cable then. cheers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sdvmwifi,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues. Have things improved since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos