cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet randomly drops but service status says its fine.

Butchtaylor
On our wavelength

Can anyone help with the issue i am having.

i have been getting constant internet drops since the beginning of August. and the wife works from home so is really affected when it drops out.

i have been on the service status page and gone through all the help steps. eventually after a day or two i was informed that there was an intermittent signal issue in my area. and if the issue was still present in 24 hours an engineer would be booked.

next day same issue so went back and did the same to be told it would be another 24 hours.

eventually after 2 weeks of being told a engineer would be booked after 24 hours I managed to get a visit arranged.

The Hub was replaced and a few "issues" in the cabinet down the street were "fixed"  however 2 days later the issue is still present.  since i have been off work this week i have managed to watch when it drops and as i get onto the hub it shows the following message at the time it drops out,

DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1; 

now what is P1.6hi and why is it causing so much of an issue?

Network Log

Time Priority Description

Wed 06/09/2023
02:07:32
5DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue 05/09/2023
14:17:39
5DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue 05/09/2023
13:45:52
Tue 05/09/2023
13:29:09
Tue 05/09/2023
12:38:55
Tue 05/09/2023
12:08:47
Tue 05/09/2023
11:29:57
6 REPLIES 6

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Butchtaylor

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From checking, we can see you have spoken to the team since posting, we trust this was covered during the call and all necessary arrangement made.

If you need further support, please feel free t reach out via the forums.

Rob

I had to speak to someone about a phone issue which was sorted out today. the internet issue persists. having to hotspot from my phone to even get on and post. 06/09/2307/09/2308/09/2309/09/23

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Butchtaylor 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Butchtaylor 

Thanks for joining me via Private Message

Glad to hear you had already had a technician visit, keep us updated with how you get on now the hub has been replaced and we can look to investigate further if needs be. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

second hub change and 30+ days since issue started. so lets see how it goes.

it's very annoying since the wife works from home and i have been having to pay more for her to use her mobile data as a hotspot when the internet drops.

shame i cannot watch on demand, netflix etc with the internet off either since the Tivo boxes will only connect via a virgin hub. 

Hey Butchtaylor, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this.

I have taken a look and I can see you've spoke to the team since this post, did they manage to help you at all? Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?