Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet once again COMPLETELY down in W10, London area...

Hello,

Last year we had an issue in the W10, London area that meant our connection was up and down for roughly 3 months, with a fix apparently being made every single day (not correct). It was ridiculous.

The same seems to be happening again, as our broadband has been down since yesterday and the time for a fix keeps updating, and I even received an email earlier saying it had been fixed when it hasn't.

The issue beforehand was relating to Signal to Noise Ratio, and I'd very much appreciate if any moderators can let me know if this is now the same problem / when a fix can ACTUALLY be expected (none of this it's fixed, oh no it's not rubbish).

My post code for further clarification is W10 5NN.

Please advise - telephone support is utterly useless.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet once again COMPLETELY down in W10, London area...

Managed to get through to Virgin Media support based in UK who informed me that it is, once again, an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) issue. Brilliant.

Please, without beating around the bush, give me some kind of an update as to their progress. This can't last 3 months AGAIN with no WiFi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet once again COMPLETELY down in W10, London area...

SNR problems are extremely difficult to trace. What it means is there is noise ingress on the circuit. This can be caused by many things one of which is people extending the cables in their home and not getting VM to do it. VM cables are triple screened for a very good reason and are not available to purchase regardless of what you read on Amazon. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos