Menu
MartyR83
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Internet off again for the fourth time in the last two days

Getting beyond a joke now. Internet has gone off again. Tried all the usual troubleshooting steps. About to see a huge price increase on my package and not getting a reliable service at all. Can never get hold of support. Thoroughly fed up. Can someone from virgin sort this out now once and for all!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet off again for the fourth time in the last two days

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
MartyR83
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And it’s off again! What a joke!

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

off totally or just wifi as many now only use wifi - if it is wifi what are the lights on the hub doing

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
MartyR83
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Off completely no downstream no upstream. Five times in three days. I’m beyond sick of it now.  Superhub is switched on in modem mode. Only green flashing light on front. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MartyR83

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the broadband issues. I've had a check on the system today and no issues are showing, all the levels are in spec etc. 

I do hope this means everything is sorted, however do let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
MartinY1975
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Marty, snap, sick of Virgin now, you try to ring them & get hung up on as too busy (with complaints I guess), trying these online guides, rebooted everything.  Trying to work from home but not getting calls via VOIP, our mobiles won’t connect to the new Hub4 & tv is constantly skipping now, losing both picture and sound, what am I paying £80 a month for exactly??  Terrible service and getting worse.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@MartinY1975 wrote:

Hey Marty, snap, sick of Virgin now, you try to ring them & get hung up on as too busy (with complaints I guess), trying these online guides, rebooted everything.  Trying to work from home but not getting calls via VOIP, our mobiles won’t connect to the new Hub4 & tv is constantly skipping now, losing both picture and sound, what am I paying £80 a month for exactly??  Terrible service and getting worse.

Please start your own thread for assistance

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MartinY1975

Sorry to hear of this. Please do make your own thread and we can assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos