cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working....again

Mat30
Tuning in

In September I lost my Internet. I contacted VM and they told me my router needed replacing as it was old. So I agreed to upgrade to gigabit. Since then I have barely had a week of Internet without issues.  The first router they sent me worked for one day then stopped working I had to wait 14 days for an engineer to come out who replaced the router and got me working. As a side note I lost all of my tv packages at the same time and they haven't been replaced correctly since October. Now yet again I have the red flashing light on my router. I've contacted VM on twitter and their solution was to post on here. I am really at the end of my tether having been a customer since it was nynex.

I have contacted the whatsapp service previously and been told everytime that I need to call the phone line only to be fobbed off again and again.

Help.  I have tried every online solution that is on the website.

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM will reply here soon

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mat30,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear of the issues that you've been experiencing recently with your broadband and TV services, and that you're now beginning to see a constant red light on your router. If it's a Hub 3 that you have, can you please follow the below steps and let us know how you get on?

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the issue remains after following the above steps, or you have a router that isn't a Hub 3 then please let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Prior to messaging both VM and the community I had rebooted about 6 times it took several hours before we had any Internet at all. 

On a separate note how do I get my packages that I currently pay for that are not working on my second box remedied? I have the sky sports HD package and have had those for as long as I can remember which has always been available on my second box. Since September I have not been able to watch sky sports HD on my second box and the error message says I need a subscription for it. I have tried contacting the 150 phone line and have spent several hours on the phone to be told that I need a subscription for it (I was unable to get through to them that I currently do have one) or that it would be fixed in October. 

Hi Mat30, 

Thanks for your reply, I am sorry about these two fault aspects on your services at the moment. 

As it's been a couple of days since you last posted, and I can't see any major issues on our side in regards to your Hub, could you give me an update on how your broadband is performing now please? 

As for the issue with your Sky Sports HD subscription, can you confirm if it's working on the other box for me please? 

If that is the case, you will have the subscription on your package, it may actually be an issue with the second box itself. Are there any other aspects that do not work on this box?

Also, both boxes are off at the moment which is preventing us from doing any diagnostics. Could you turn them on for me please so they can communicate with our network?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thank you for your response. The Internet has been functioning a a slightly reduced speed, my last speed test was at 383mbps though that was on Monday.  

The Tivo box still says that I need a subscription to the service, although I am not at home at present I have just had it checked. The HD sky movies channel has been working, it is the HD Sky Sports that doesn't work. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi @Mat30,

Thank you for your response. I've just checked things on our end again for you as it's been a few days since we last spoke, and I'm unable to detect any faults to explain this.

Were you also able to check and confirm if all of the TV boxes you have are facing the same issue with the subscriptions as my colleague requested, or only a certain one?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

The error still continues. When I put a sky sports HD channel on the second box it says I need to have a subscription for it. Nothing has changed I am still unable to watch any of the HD Sky sports. My box downstairs is working with the HD Sky Sports.  The telephone helpline have given me a wide range of excuses as to why it is not working.

Thank you for popping back to us @Mat30

I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into the issue regarding the Sky Sports HD on your second box. 

I will pop one now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again.