Menu
Missscollins23
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps going down

so we have had constant issues with internet going off an wife is working from home and is sat right next to router and we still have problems, we rang up multiple times and yet they say just reset but it just keeps doing it an they have reset at your end but keep having the same.issue its very frustrating 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps going down

Firstly, have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

Then, Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

Also what Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Missscollins23
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ye i have checked for status always says its fine and we dont have any devices hardwired they wireless and hub model is hub 3.0 vmdg505/tg2492lg-vm. An colour is orange i think 

Thanks

Owen 

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hmm - I've not heard of an orange light before - Red means it thinks it is overheating (in router mode)

I'd get an ethernet cable and see if the drops happen on that too - need to rule out it being just a wifi issue!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Owen,

Thanks for getting in touch and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having this issue with your broadband connection.

I've had a look at your account using your Forum details, and I can't see any issues from our end. Would you be able to attach an image of the orange light coming from your Hub? Have you been able to test your connection using a wired connection at all?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos