Menu
AnneSofie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps dropping out

Hi,

For the last few weeks I have had a lot of drop outs. It used to be stable and I didn't have any issues  before. It is unfortunately really affecting my job as I am constantly disconnected.

It started with a few random drop outs which was annoying but not the end of the world. Then on Friday the 18th of June it was horrendous. The weekend was fine but then again on Monday the  21st the whole morning was unbearable. 

These drop outs seem very random. Though always in the morning (or past midnight according to the monitor). I have gone through and checked all the cables and done troubleshooting as well. Nothing seems out of the ordinary on that end.

I have a Hub 3 and have had the broadband quality monitor running since the 18th: 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/41cdd59a9be8b5e644fc27a7dba5a14e78...

I am located in N4 (London)

I switched to Virgin Media at the start of Lockdown and it has been running completely fine right up until now. However if this keeps happening I will have to change provider as it affects my ability to do my job. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps dropping out

Is there a wider area issue?

The most useful and up to date info comes from the 0800 561 0061 number. Try that to see if there are any faults that the web service hasn't picked up!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps dropping out

Hey @AnneSofie,

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for your post and for also providing your BQM - sorry to hear you've been experiencing drop outs. 

I've been unable to locate your account so far so I'm unable to advise further on whether there is any local issue at play here - have you been able to find out via our service status phone line provided?

Let us know if you're requiring further assistance and we'd be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos