Menu
Boyce01
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps dropping out for a few minutes

Our virgin WiFi keeps dropping out intermittently for a few minutes at a time. If we reset the router it all tends to work ok for about 24 hours and then the same issues will come back. We have 200mps broadband so should have enough speed to keep us going. Is this an issue anyone else has experienced?

Any tips on how we can try and resolve?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps dropping out for a few minutes

Virgin supply your home with a broadband connection. Your router then converts that into Ethernet (cabled) and wireless (WiFi) connections.

With that in mind, is it your broadband that's dropping or only the wireless - do you have any problems with wired devices?

If you haven't already, I'd recommend spending 5 minutes setting up a free BQM which will monitor your connection 24/7 and make identification of network issues very straightforward.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps dropping out for a few minutes

Hello @Boyce01,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are having internet issues.

I can see that you have been asked the correct stuff so we can move forward, please can you answer @japitts response?

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos