cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping out for 10-30 seconds.a time

KyleWW
Joining in

I would like some help with my unstable connection. This has been an issue for a while now, where my internet will lose connection anywhere from 10-30 seconds at a time. It usually happens a couple of times per day. I noticed that issue greatly improved when most of my family were away on Holiday for a week. 

I have tried turning my router on and off. I have tried the pinhole reset. None of this worked. 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this....

Firstly... Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It occurs for both wired and wifi connections

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi KyleWW, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your broadband service.

As part of our diagnostic checks, we have ran some tests on your equipment and everything does appear to be working within specification with no error found. 

Can you please confirm which devices you are experiencing the dropouts on? Also, when the connection drops, does the Hub reboot or do the lights flash or change colour at all? 

Thanks, 

Nat

I am having the issue on my PC with a wired connection, although I believe it is also occuring to the wireless connection. Just today we upgraded to a Hub 5 and I thought this would solve the issue, but it hasn't. As far as I'm aware, the hub doesn't react when the connection drops, but it is possible that it might. I cannot tell as I'm upstairs and the issue only persists for seconds at a time. 

I will try changing my ethernet cable and get back to you if it doesn't improve. I find it strange that the issue wouldn't be resolved even after changing hubs and upgrading my internet to 1gig. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply KyleWW.

When changing the equipment, we advise allow 24-48 hours for this to then settle. 

Although there may not be any immediate improvements, this may change over this time so can you please monitor the service over the next 24-48 hours and let us know if you see any improvements? 

If not, please get back to us and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks,

Nat