Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps dropping connection

My internet connections keeps dropping out throughout the day every few minutes, which is really annoying and making working from home really difficult.

I am constantly rebooting all the hardware and it still continues to drop,  so believe there is a bigger problem that will require and engineer to sort.

Anyone having problems and have any solutions as to how to resolve or does it require a VM engineer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps dropping connection

Let's do some troubleshooting to start with ...

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of each tab onto here, if you get a yellow warning click Post again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I’m experiencing the same problem. It’s been happening for the past three days. This is in Kirklees West Yorkshire 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@Podder wrote:

I’m experiencing the same problem. It’s been happening for the past three days. This is in Kirklees West Yorkshire 

You would be as well starting your own thread if you are looking for assistance.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Not wanting assistance just pointing out it’s not an isolated problem. It’s virginmedia’s end that’s the problem 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/68c7cf88b6df364c49fe15830771677b7c... 

Keep getting errors posting the router details, but will try again after posting this one.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

If you get a yellow box errors

just click Post again.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It just keeps saying correct the highlighted errors and try again.  Keep posting but always shows the error

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

That is unusual.

Can you take screen grabs instead and post them.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Capture.GIFUpstream.GIF

0 Kudos