cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keep disconnecting

Wzht2505
Joining in

My internet connection keeps dropping while working from home and using a remote desktop. This is generally while using WiFi and I still get the same issue when sat next to the router or using an ethernet cable. If I tether from my mobile I never get the issue.

Sometimes it automatically reconnects within 10 seconds but other times I have to disconnect and reconnect after a period of time. 

I had the router replaced recently and have the same problem with the new router.

Is there anything I can try otherwise I'll be looking to find a new broadband provider.

Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Test with hub in modem mode with a PC

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Wzht2505 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your connection, I have taken a look and cannot see anything on our side that could be causing this. 

I can see that the Hub has ben up for over 20 days which may be causing some issues. Are you able to try a pin hole reset? To do this push a pen etc into the reset hole and hold in for 60 seconds.

This will force a full factory reset. 

Unfortunately I don't have a PC

Hello, I tried this numerous times before the router was replaced and it made no difference. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks 

Thanks for your reply @Wzht2505 😊 I have run a test for you via our system and it seems like there there are some issues we'd need to check further.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be checked.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting to us via PM @Wzht2505  😊 I'm glad I have been able to help arrange for this issue to be resolved.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is in the property during the technician visit. If this visit is missed for any reason there may be a £25 charge added to your account. So, if you do suddenly have to rearrange this you can do so via your online account here. This would need to be done at least 24 hours before the visit takes place.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi, a technical came up my house and carried out some tests. He identified an issue with the box coming into my house, before the router and fixed that. It has improved the stability of my internet but it has continued to intermittently drop out and sometimes very regularly. It has even started to impact more devices around my house. Would it be possible to arrange another visit?

Thank you

Will

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Wzht2505, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

We would be happy to take a look at things from our side for you. 

Please check your inbox for a message from me and we can go from there. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Will (@Wzht2505)

I've gone ahead and booked an engineer visit for you, to view or change the appointment time, you can manage your booking here.

I also just need to make you aware, that there may be a £25 charge for the appointment if:

• The customer is not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).
       The fault is due to customer's own equipment.
      The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the customer's premises which we were not aware of.
      The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

Let us know if you need anything else and how the visit goes.

Thanks!

Beth