Menu
Jackgillespie
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Internet issue nw6

Hello,

we have not had internet for the last couple of days in nw6 London.

I have been told that there is a known issue that should be resolved by 6th may, which is over a week away via your Twitter representative.

BAD8A9A9-9498-4ED2-BE73-C9D37C943183.png

460BFA05-22BF-4705-876F-189441C34283.png

What is the issue and why is it taking so long to resolve?

Virgin media also text stating that the issue has been fixed but it is clearly not. I have attached two screenshots. The first with the text stating that it’s been fixed. The second being the service status stating that there is no known issue. However, the internet still isn’t working.

this is an absolutely shocking service and i need answers.

thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet issue nw6

Residential services have no SLA’s for faults or repairs.

Check the service status phone line and see what that reports. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Jackgillespie
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What does SLA mean?

and how do I check the service status phone line?

thanks for coming back.

speak soon

0 Kudos
Jackgillespie
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can I get any help if possible please?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

A forum rep will reply in 5-10 days.

If you need immediate assistance then call the support number 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jackgillespie

There's currently an SNR outage ongoing in the area under Fault Remedy number F008990239 - the estimated end date is currently 03 MAY 2021 18:00 although this may be extended if needs be.

The technical team are working to have this resolved as soon as possible, this will be the cause of the poor performance from the broadband connection at the minute.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jackgillespie
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back. We have already been without any internet at all for the last 5 days! Also during this past year, the internet and overall service has been absolutely appalling. We have been paying for the m350 service but very, very rarely have received the speeds advertised.

We were also not told of any work that would be taking place...? I’m extremely disappointed in this service. How likely is this problem to be fixed by today? It’s absolutely impossible to work from home.

How can I go about filing an official complaint?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jackgillespie

So are you receiving absolutely no broadband connection via wireless or wired? This isn't exactly work going on either. An outage has been raised as noise has been found down the network causing all sorts of various disruptions to our customers services so our engineer teams are looking to locate where this noise is coming from to put a stop to it.

I do apologise for the inconvenience, our complaints code of practice can be found here https://virg.in/comcop

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jackgillespie
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

we are receiving absolutely zero internet service and haven’t been since the afternoon of the 28th April. I have received multiple texts stating that the service has been fixed but obviously this is incorrect. Screenshot attached.

How likely is it that this problem will be fixed? I know you have stated by 18:00 3rd may however will we receive an alert when it has been?

This is extremely frustrating as when you pay for a service you expect the service to work. We haven’t had any communication from Virgin of any works or attempts of fixing. I have had to call the customer service number and whilst on the phone they have stated that the issue is “very complex” and they wouldn’t be able to give us a definite resolvement date. 

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm so sorry to hear about this, I have subscribed you to the outage updates so you will be kept updated on any changes / when the outage is closed.

My apologies for the inconvenience, @Jakcgillespie - we're looking to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

0 Kudos