Menu
AlexMoore
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Internet intermittent in Orpington/BR5 Area

My internet has been intermittent since Tuesday this week. It will drop in and out with random buffering being consistent throughout the day. When it comes to gaming I cannot connect to any server and if I rarely can my ping will spike and kick me off. Streaming videos is impossible too with constant buffering. My internet speeds are fine when speed testing, normally get 7/9ms with 300mbps down and 30ish upload which is normal. Anyone know what’s happening and when this will be fixed? My sister-in-law also on Virgin lives down the road and is having the exact same issues. Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet intermittent in Orpington/BR5 Area

To check for known issues - As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
AlexMoore
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

By the looks of it they’re saying it’s a “more complex issue than they thought” hence why it’s taking so long which is annoying. Hopefully it’s sorted soon. Wish they would give an estimation for a completed time

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When they do its only ever an "estimated" fix date/time and it often moves - sometimes back but more usually forwards.

There is no Service Level Agreement on fix times on our residential packages - to get that you need to be on the Business package.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @AlexMoore

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the intermittent connection you are experiencing in the BR5 area, I'm really sorry to hear that you currently do not have an estimated fix time for the issue.

I would like to look into this further for you and see what details I can find on the problem, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details I need to look into this.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner,

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos
Sm8511
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar problem and live fairly close to you in Dartford. 

Maybe we have a connected issue. To date I have not made a great deal of progress with a resolution with VM. I highlighted the issue in the Community forum yesterday.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Sm8511

Sorry to hear that you are having a similar issue with your connection.

I will send you a private message now so that I can take a look at your account and see what is happening. Please keep an eye out for my message 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos