cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet intermittence (Manchester area)

Callumoldfie
Joining in

Keeping this short. 
issues with broadband for over 9 weeks, connection keeps dropping, several times a day every day, they’re aware of the issue in area and it’s complicated and their working on this, was given a date for 23rd from the 8th, now it’s extended to 31st.

complaint sent over 48 hours ago, no contact. Emailed the CEO, no reply.

engineer has been to neighbours, engineers words, hand held device is showing problems for past 9 weeks, he goes and looks in the green cabinet, absolute full of wires, no ports free, AND most individual ports have 5 way splitters. Meaning everyone is sharing the one connection. Makes sense. 
so you offer a service, doesn’t work, obviously the green cabinets need updating to make them bigger. Keep taking our money for a service I’m not receiving. I’ll just simply switch providers I’ll happily go back to sky. 
someone get in touch ASAP please.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Start collecting some data.  If you area is "overutilised" a BQM will help reveal this and provide evidence to help you exit the contract with no penalty (when does your current contract period end?)

------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Callumoldfie 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the internet issues. From the system diagnostic ran, you are affected via an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio). F010901436 - fault reference and the estimated fix date is the 5th September.

I'll send you a PM though so I can provide a full and final resolution to your case.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Callumoldfie 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to investigate this for you. Please do pop back to the community if you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill