cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet hub 5 dropping

BillieMorrison
Tuning in

Changed to hub 5 and my Internet connection is shocking its also continuously dropping from devices 

Called the call centre to basically be told tough they can't see any issues with it. I read on another post on here I can get my old hub back. Can someone please help me!!

Working from home and this is less than ideal. 

17 REPLIES 17

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the following.

Split the SSID and manually set your wifi devices and disable the Smart Optimisation in the wifi settings.

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.

Set the 2.4Ghz to a lower legacy wifi setting.

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless signal
In the Wireless frequency 2.4GHz select Wireless mode > 802.11b/g/n/ax mixed
Select Apply changes

As for a call back, don't hold your breath ......

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @BillieMorrison

I'm so sorry to hear this is ongoing! 

Have you been able to resolve this via the advise given by @Adduxi?

Can you post your Hub status and logs? How to do this;
• Please go to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode),
• Don't log in, click on 'router status'
• Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. Please do not include your MAC address.

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc 

Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum.

Thank you.

I am the same Day 1 install, we have a split connection into the house. Connected the new router powered on strange coincidence caused a fault in the street box taking down both lines fixed by engineer visit. Solid white light WPS won’t allow a printer 1 metre away to connect Ethernet connections not eorking no internet anywhere and no engineer visit to Thursday. I WFH and this upgrade was a big mistake. Virgin need to sort by Wed or I am cancelling my contract and going to EE wifi. Have stated it has to be a faulty box

Hi 👋 @joshtheskipper,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post!

I'm so sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your service following an upgrade. I can appreciate that must be incredibly frustrating and it would be a shame for you to leave us 😞

I have taken a look at our systems and can confirm a tech visit has been arranged. The technician will be able to get things sorted for you 🤞

Please do let us know how the visit goes so we can offer further support if needed.

Best wishes

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

2nd engineer visit, having to wait a week for an engineer when a replacement box could have been sent out by courier.the line was tested and proved Good last Thursday morning so it can only be a faulty box, all my connections have tested good. Your reliability as a firm is jeopardised by the lack of response times. Over a week Trying to WFH with not 1 Gb speed but none. For the price I am paying I expect better service. I still have time to reject the upgrade and leave which will happen if all is not fixed by COP Thursday irrespective of any excuse. These hubs seem to still be in Beta testing but 

im starting to think the HUB 5 and Chita business router have the same bugs

trying to run a ubiquiti system behind the hub 5

drops out all the time  and in modem mode it seems worse

Has this bee  fixed as i am getting the same issue

They eventually replaced the hub