Menu
georgemc14
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet failure or speed drop of complete drop out

Is there anything I can do my Internet an WiFi are shocking. Constantly kicking of all the devices regardless if there's only a few connections or if there's a few more devices on its the same problems

Kicks you of or slows right down some times im lucky to hit 30 -60 mbps.an I think I'm on the 250 connection atlest

So I've got 3 choices cancel the broadband or take a chance on them upgrading my router to the no d4 is it mines a d3 or what the best cable aftermarket router I can get to improve my connection.

Only thing that can affect the speed maybe is the 2 xbox series 1 but there only one at a time in use rest is tabs mobiles

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet failure or speed drop of complete drop out

@georgemc14 wrote:

Is there anything I can do my Internet an WiFi are shocking. Constantly kicking of all the devices regardless if there's only a few connections or if there's a few more devices on its the same problems

Kicks you of or slows right down some times im lucky to hit 30 -60 mbps.an I think I'm on the 250 connection atlest

So I've got 3 choices cancel the broadband or take a chance on them upgrading my router to the no d4 is it mines a d3 or what the best cable aftermarket router I can get to improve my connection.

Only thing that can affect the speed maybe is the 2 xbox series 1 but there only one at a time in use rest is tabs mobiles

depends what the problem is. 

if the problem is purely a wifi issue then you can buy your own router/mesh system and run the VM hub in modem mode. you can't completely eliminate the hub though, VM mandate that you use their equipment to terminate teh connection... but before you spend any money it's worth doing some work to see if there's an issue with the underlying connection, cos if there is, no matter what router you buy you're gonna have problems..

so, first question is does it all work when connected directly to the hub via an ethernet cable? are you able to test this? do you have a laptop or something that you can use to test? 

can you set up a BQM - this will graph the performance of your connection over time and can highlight issues with teh connection.

finally, browse to your hub on http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click on Router Status - copy/paste the tables from Upstream, Downstream and Network Log back to this thread - you'll need to split this across multiple posts, it won't all fit into one.  

0 Kudos