Menu
ysy860
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet drops out every night nearly same time

Hi there!

I have been facing this same problem for 4 days in a row now, and I am wondering if anyone can help with this problem.

Every night around 12 am to 4 am, the internet drops out and it is impossible to connect through both ethernet and wifi. So I tried everything written on the Virgin Media website such as resetting the router, and it didn't really help at all. 

I have contacted the team (after 40 minutes of waiting), and they said they are going to solve this problem so I have to wait for around 10 minutes. Even after that, however, the problem was not solved either. The same time of the day, the internet dropped out for 4 hours with fluctuating. 

Looking for other posts outside this community as well as on this community, I have tried as many solutions as possible including changing IP address and rebooting the router, and all of them did not solve this problem. 

Now my housemates and I are getting tired of this internet dropping-out problem, and just want it to be solved.

Please, can anyone help with this situation?

If necessary, the light on the router (or hub 3) is yellowish-white and every single device in the house faces the same problem at the same time without any exceptions. When I used the broadband test page of Virgin media, it was saying everything was fine; of course, everything should be fine if I could access the tool through the internet and the service status doesn't seem to catch it. Also, I tried to use Virgin Media app to investigate this problem as well, and then found the password on the back of the router is not working, and of course, we have never changed any settings manually since we started using VM last September.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet drops out every night nearly same time

They may doing work on the network at that time - have you called in and asked?

The connect App is pants dont bother with it. Yiou can do/see anything you need in the Hub settings or with other Apps.

How did you change i.p. address?

if you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
crypticc
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think they do this on purpose.  mine happens 00:04 most nights.  Been doing it for over a year now

----------------------------------------------------------
2011 TiVo scaling bug

TiVo upscaling output

2017 Tivo-scaling bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ysy860 - have you a BQM to show us yet?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos