cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping

jonwren
Dialled in

Hi

My internet is dropping daily sometimes a few times per day, I have to keep restarting the router to reconnect to the internet, very frustrating, the install engineer did say the signal was very high and that either himself or another engineer MAY have to come back after he had installed the router.

Trying to contact virgin customer service is beyond a joke, looks like you have to ask the community for professional advice? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi 

Yes was told it has been resolved and then the following day started again, wasn’t informed by anyone that the appointment was cancelled and I lost a days pay 😞 by waiting in.

It looks like by reading people’s posts, that it’s a very common issue, the router disconnects. (Hub5)

Was also wondering with my service would I be able to get a free Wi-Fi pod? 

thanks 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

35 REPLIES 35

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jonwren 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Sorry to hear of the internet issues. From a system check, you are affected by an area issue. F010579864 - is the fault number, should be fixed this evening.

In relation to the bit about the community, whilst the community is amazing, it's by no means the only method of contact.

Calling us - 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Whatsapp Messenger (billing etc) - +447305 327 112

Cable SMS - +44753 305 1809

Twitter @VirginMedia

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/virginmedia/

Other methods of contact - https://virg.in/contactvm

Monitor the connection after tonight and report back any issues.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Nope 

wasn’t fixed 

I had booked an appointment for a technician on Wednesday 29th between 8/12pm 

I took the day of work and no one turned up 

useless, currently got no internet AGAIN 

Hi @jonwren 

If there is an area outage impacting you, tech visits will be cancelled

I have checked our systems now and can see the outage has been resolved and you have another appointment upcoming.

Let us know how it goes. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 

Yes was told it has been resolved and then the following day started again, wasn’t informed by anyone that the appointment was cancelled and I lost a days pay 😞 by waiting in.

It looks like by reading people’s posts, that it’s a very common issue, the router disconnects. (Hub5)

Was also wondering with my service would I be able to get a free Wi-Fi pod? 

thanks 

Hi jonwren, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and advising this. We're sorry that you weren't notified. 

Usually a text message is sent to advise the appointment has been cancelled. Please ensure your contact details are up to date as this will ensure future notifications reach you. 

In terms of our WiFi Max service, if you're on the 1GB or a Volt package then this will be free to add. If you're not then there would be a charge of £8 per month. You can view all there is to know about WiFi Max here

Let us know if you have any further queries or questions. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

@Kath_F

yes am on the 1GB 

when I asked before, I was told ask the community? 
but anyway yes am on the 1GB can someone please send me a Wi-Fi pod please

cheers 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jonwren 👋

Thanks for confirming. If you're on a 1GB service, you would be eligible to have Wi-Fi Pods at no extra cost each month. To take advantage of the Wi-Fi Max service, you will need to use our Connect App to run a Homescan, and from there, if any blackspots or weak signals are identified, you'll be prompted to order a Wi-Fi Pod.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

App doesn’t work just says we cannot find the hub 

IMG_1005.png

Hi @jonwren 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

Have you got any VPN's on the device? If so, please remove them and try the Connect App again. 

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 

Try that as well.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill