cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping same time every night

Online-P
Joining in

Morning,

So I have recently moved home on Fri 26th may and transferred broadband from old address to new, all seemed plain and simple text the word GO etc.

So Fri 26th at 20.41 I text GO to activate broadband, broadband came on but around 22.00 the WIFI went off and I noticed the green bar on hub flashing, didn't think anything of it at first, thought it may be an update/firmware etc and left it to be.

Sat 27th morning internet came back on around 08.00, great but I thought id check the service status to which it told me there was an outage in my area and would be fixed.

Saturday evening around 22.00 again WIFI went off with same flashing green bar, this time I decided to remove all splitters and reset hub, no luck flashing green bar still on.

Sun 28th morning 08.00 internet back on but still, according the VM service status there was an issue in my area, so I signed up for the text updates. Sunday 16.22 update on outage that it would be fixed by the 29/05 at 12.00.

Sunday evening again, internet off this time I connected a device via the ethernet and it still wasn't working, tried all the usual rubbish that is recommended but nothing worked.

Mon 29th Outage update 08.07 estimated time of repair is now 18.00.

Monday Outage update 18.18 issue has now been fixed... GREAT

Monday around 22.00, internet gone AGAIN. So at this point I booked an engineer for a visit Wednesday, shortly following that I got a notification to say the engineer had been cancelled due to a outage in my area.

Tues 30th contacted VM, the automated menu tells me there is a problem in area, it has been logged blah blah, the advisor I spoke to said there was no issues in my area, reset my connection all that jazz but then I lost connection to her with no call back typical.

Later that day I got a text with my bill (Ironic they want the money but offer dogsh service) and also to say I had signed up to VM home works, however I hadn't given authorisation for anyone to do this. So I called back later that day and spoke to a different advisor who said they couldn't see any issues in my area even thought the VM status told me there was, got passed around multiple operators, went through the security multiple times (What a sh show).

Eventually I spoke to an operator who said they couldn't cancel the home works as it hadn't been 48hrs and I had to call back to cancel, he then proceeded to book an engineer to visit my home for tomorrow.

That evening usual  thing, 22.00 internet goes off flashing green bar, tried reset, tried ethernet, even walked around the area to see if there was anything that could interfere, turned off all appliances in house, switches, lights you name it. I checked my hub and it said Internet (No RF signal detected), Network access blocked.

Wed 31st Engineer is meant to be arriving between 08.00 - 12.00, internet comes back on at around 08.10 then I get a notification to say my engineer visit has been cancelled.

Spoke to an operator who was as useful as nailing jelly to wall, told me there was now an issue in my area and would be fixed today by 16.00, I checked the app but there was no status to say an outage in my area.

Can anyone assist me on this or point my right direction as the only direction I'm heading right now is the cancellation team, its beyond a joke. One minute there is a outage then there isn't, One operator can see issue in my area another can't see any issues. Then I'm signed up to some bullsh I didn't ask for and cannot cancel immediately. When you book an engineer they cancel it so then you have to rebook and the booking gets push along a day. The connection drops are obviously like clocked work, down at 22.00 up at 08.00 so its not even down for a minimal amount of time.

1 REPLY 1

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Online-P, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Really sorry for the experience you've had here - it's not the level of service we aim to provide to any of our customers. I bet it's been frustrating, apologies again. 

I have been able to take a look from our side and I can see there are some power level issues. With that, I will send you over a private message so I can help get this resolved. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.