cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping out for very long periods

harrrj
Joining in

Over the last three days my Super hub 3 has lost connection to the internet for the whole of the day. I have tried the usual switch off/ switch off routines but to no avail. The internet comes back on late at night 11/12pm and then goes off again around 8/9am. I have an engineer booked but the earliest I was able get when booking on Sunday was Thursday. The pattern does not suggest a problem with my router. Anyone got any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Lets see the data - can you do this
-----------------------------------------------

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. On the first page up dont login just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3/4) of the Login page and then Navigate to these “pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again. If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the response. 

At the moment I have no broadband connection and so am responding via my phone. 

when I try to go to 192.168.0.1 on my PC browser I just get a splash screen which says Update in Progress. 

Again as I have no broadband I am not able to set up the Broadband monitor. 

I will try again this evening if the broadband comes back on as it has done the past three evenings. 

looks like I shall have to wait for the engineer. 

thanks

Roy

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked for any “known network faults”

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @harrrj,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you're facing problems with your service dropping out. I've taken a look at things on our end, and can see that you took jbrennand's advice and a Technician has visited recently regarding this problem.

How are things looking since your visit?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

It appears to have been a problem with the connection in the street cabinet which has been sorted. It still seems strange that the connection to the internet was being lost every morning at about 8am and then restored around midnight without any intervention by me  but I am pleased to have things back up and running.