3 weeks ago
Unfortunately, I'll have to post here for help as I can't seem to get through to anyone at the VM call centre. Basically, I'm experiencing the issues listed below:
- Intermittent dropouts of WIFI on multiple devices
- High Bufferbloat/ Latency (Measured +300ms on dslreports), especially noticeable during gaming, noticed the issue both over WIFI and wired with an Ethernet cable.
- Streaming services are buffering constantly
- Yellow light showing on Hub 3.0
What I've tried:
- Multiple reboots and factory resets
- Tightened Coax cable
- Hub 3.0 in modem mode and connected an Ethernet cable to my laptop but saw no improvement; experiencing same bufferbloat/latency issues during tests on dslreports and during online gaming.
- Service Status as reported by VM seems fine
- Been running a BQM the last 5 days
Hopefully, somebody here can help me, see below my BQM and router status logs, thank you.
Downstream bonded channels
Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID
Channel Locked Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors
Upstream bonded channels
Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID
Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
Time Priority Description
2 weeks ago
It's been two weeks now and nobody from Virgin Media has answered here?!
Also my internet speed has now dropped from 100mb/s to 5mb/s!
Virgin Media, your service is appalling!
Thanks for posting and sorry for the late reply,
I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, I've been through diagnostics regarding the Internet issues and have arranged an engineer visit.
You can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here