Menu
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Internet drop outs every day

Really getting fed up internet now drop outs nearly every day sometimes the router crashes out white light flashes then turns green I then lose everything , even my ssid's vanish ...then another time the white light stays the green Internet light flashes and I lose Internet but WiFi still connected to devices ,  wit message no Internet access they charge enough and quick to take the money but they don't deliver...

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet drop outs every day

Do wired connections also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes on occasions...but mostly wifi issues on both bands..last night after I posted I lost internet .when I checked my hub it sat there with the green WIFI no flashing just on solid...pulled plugs nearly threw it in bin..was upstairs trying to watch TV...when it rebooted it was ok...looks like I am going to invest in a stand alone router..

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ukmartian,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your connection dropping out. 

I have been unable to locate your account using your forum info, so will pop you a PM now so I can request some details to run diagnostic checks for you 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply but just going to live with it been told it's this and that or I have to many devices,  and to be honest I have several as I have a Alexa and plugs,  but i have split my my 2.4  and 5 ghz band into 2 separate ssid but not convinced that is the problem cos   sometimes it's just  the WIfi goes down  sometimes the wifi works but no internet  I will have to invest in a separate router or a cheap mesh system when I can afford it to see if that addresses the wifi problem .

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@ukmartian,

I do apologise for the late response, looks like my reply failed for some reason. 

I did manage to locate your account and I can see there is a capacity issue as you do have a number of wireless devices. How have things been performing since splitting the devices?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They have been split , some have been wired, some have been disabled, the majority are smart plugs controlling appliances or heating which in essence use very little bandwidth.I find it hard to believe that that VM has not foreseen the increasing use of wireless tech on their system. What is the point...however I am looking to invest in a modest mesh system which I have been told may cure the wifi issues but it won't cure the total loss of internet network outages.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@ukmartian,

I can appreciate where you are coming from. It appears to be a capacity issue. You have too many devices connected for your package type. 

Have you considered upgrading your package if you do wish to have that many devices connected? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So what should be on and how much extra would that be ?

0 Kudos