cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drop out

Robjwk
Tuning in

The last two nights internet dropped out run check and says we have been disconnected what's the reason for this 

Rob 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this..
________

Can you Check first for any “known network faults - Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

Report back here what they "say".

Also,

are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi sorry for the delay in responding

I did a online chat with a agent and he increase bandwidth, still having issues regarding internet dropping out. Run the connect app which shows a latency of 12678 Ms 

Rob

Hi Robjwk,

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues here. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having dropouts on your network. Checking our systems, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime is showing as over 2 days and there are no time outs. There are no faults open that may be affecting you either. 

It could be a case that the hub did an update or there may be something else at play. Have you had any further dropouts since posting? If so can you pop back with a BQM graph so we can look into this further for you?

Whilst running diagnostics, I can see a lot of your WiFi devices have a weak signal which may be affecting some connections too. There are so many things that can influence a WiFi signal some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones

Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi. 

If that doesn't help, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here.

Finally, you can view more about our new WiFi Max service here.

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs