cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drop out

Sidthemanager
On our wavelength

Hi Ihave my Virgin Hub 4 in modem mode with a Netgear wifi router plugged into it.(Nighthawk X6S).

I previously had Hub3 set up the same way but hib was replaced when I upgraded to Gig connection.

Ever since going to 1 gig and using Hub 4 I keep getting intermittent internet drop out (this includes dropping the connection to the TV box..).

Sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for a few minutes but it is getting steadily worse.

I called Virgin last week, they tested hub, I did a pinhole reset which meant then changing hub settings back to modem only but hub came back on with a green LED solidly on which I was told meant it was doing a software update. A day later it was still stuck on green and Virgin said they would escalate the issue and I would hear back in 24 hours. A week later same issues and now Virgin say that they have tested hub, there is no fault and "it must be my 3rd party equipment" it causing any issues! Really? 

Does anyone else have same problems and why is the  hub stuck displaying green LED?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sidthemanager wrote:

Odd as it was solid white before rebooting it...

Yes, most likely a firmware update has reprogrammed the LED colours.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hub 4 solid green LED is modem mode.

See this "Red sticky"  Hub 4 - Solid green light whilst in Bridge mode - Virgin Media Community - 5055809

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sidthemanager wrote:

Yes, most likely a firmware update has reprogrammed the LED colours.

All I need to sort out now is the dropouts!

VM insist it is the routers fault and nothing to do with the hub

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Sidthemanager, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are getting drop outs with your connection, I can certainly understand this is frustrating.

I have checked our system and can't see any obvious reason as to why you would be seeing this. Just to confirm, have you been able to pop the hub in router mode to see if you are getting the same drop outs? If not, it would certainly be best to try this.

Let me know how this goes.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Yes I have although with the LAN connections through the house I can't plug the whole system in with the hub in Router mode so can't check everything but yes it still drops out plus I had the system set up exactly this way with previous hub and it worked fine..

Hi there @Sidthemanager, thanks for the reply on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear this issue is still continuing.
Are you able to perform a hard reset on the Virgin Media hub for me please?
Pop a pin in the reset pin hole for 40 seconds at the back of the hub.
Let us know how it is after.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I did that and it made no difference (apart from the hassle of having to rest it to modem mode!)

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

To clarify are the same issues appearing when the Hub is in router mode?

Let us know,

Kain