Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet down | WiFi

My internet died about an hour ago. I went to look at my Router and it looked like it might have been power cycling at the time. I have done some troubleshooting and it seems that it's a problem with the Wi-Fi. I can see my SSID and I connect to the Wi-Fi but I don't get a DHCP address. If I give my PC a static IP it doesn't work either. If I plug something in via Ethernet it works fine (DHCP and internet access) Just a guess but it seems like Virgin have pushed out an update that has broken something?

It's good that the internet still works but I won't be able to work because I only have a 1M Ethernet cable and an ancient machine that I tested on that still had an RJ45 NIC. 

I tried to phone Virgin but just got a message saying it's closed and call ended. 

Any suggestions appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet down | WiFi

Is it a hub3?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep, Hub3.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, have you tried pin resetting your hub? Also if you PM me i can run a diagnostic check for you.

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

You can also save £50 off your bill by recommending someone onto virgin media. To find out more PM me.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I tried to get my old Hub2 up and running but it wouldn't get a public IP so I assume it's locked down my MAC address or something. I ended up putting the Hub3 back and it just started working.. 

0 Kudos