Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet disconnecting throughout the day

We have had the Hub 3 for around 1 month, and ever since getting it have had really poor connection. The speed is not good, and the connection drops suddenly (across devices), multiple times throughout the day and says "connected, no internet". It seems to happen more on some devices than others and not all at the same time. 

Please can you tell me what we need to do to have this repaired? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet disconnecting throughout the day

Are wired devices affected?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, only those on WiFi. We have an xbox connected by Ethernet which does not drop out. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can try factory resetting the Hub.

Failing that you’ll need to put the hub into modem mode and attach your own router or mesh system. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Could you tell me what you mean by my own router or mesh system please? What difference would it make?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@emlaidler wrote:

Could you tell me what you mean by my own router or mesh system please? What difference would it make?

It would improve the WiFi coverage and connectivity.

Router: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Router/s?k=Wireless+Router

Mesh: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Whole-Home-Mesh-Wi-Fi-Systems/zgbs/compu...

0 Kudos