Menu
Matt_zoo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Internet disconnecting every day between 6-7pm

Everyday between 6-7pm our Internet disconnects, very frustrating, had new hub, new wires, engineer out etc. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet disconnecting every day between 6-7pm

do the lights on the front of the hub change when this happens?

do both wired and wireless connected devices lose connectivity?

can you set up a BQM - once set up, find the Live Graph and click "Create Sharing Link" - post that back here.

0 Kudos
Matt_zoo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/3e7aaf3beeb32b0422a8260ee0d5cdf8b693a062
0 Kudos
Matt_zoo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'll check tomorrow if the lights change

0 Kudos
Matt_zoo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just crashed again, lights do not change on hub. Remains in router mode as normal. 

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Matt_zoo wrote:

Just crashed again, lights do not change on hub. Remains in router mode as normal. 

your BQM looks very strange - i've seen one other like this before, but can't remember if the reason for it was ever explained.. perhaps someone else can shed some light..

i don't see a red bar that would indicate a drop in service - but given the state of the BQM, it's hard to know whether or not it's being properly monitored or not..

you didn't answer my previous question about whether or not it drops out for wired connections at the same time as the wifi drops.. that would be helpful information.  There was another chap on the forums who's connection was being impacted by some nearby council installed CCTV cameras whenever they switched on - it's possible that there's something in your area that happens at the same time daily that's knocking your wifi out - this wouldn't affect the wired connections though, so worth checking if you can.

0 Kudos
Matt_zoo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks, it's all. Connections, WiFi and ethernet, usually for about 10 mins. The frustrating thing is it's being going on for months. I think the last resort will be to leave virgin, I'm unsure if the problem will still be there though. 

0 Kudos
Matt_zoo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/f4dcc854dcaecd87cc93c269af2b5f85cca56256-22-02-2021

This may be a better graph

0 Kudos