cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet cutting out

Bailey36
Joining in

My Internet keeps cutting out ,,like 3 or more times a week. I have phoned to complain and still same problem. Did an online check and says nothing wrong ,,once I had there is a intermittent problem. Asked for a newer hub /box as mine is old ,got told I need to have O2 SIM card to qualify.

Any help would be great 

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bailey36 wrote:

My Internet keeps cutting out ,,like 3 or more times a week. I have phoned to complain and still same problem. Did an online check and says nothing wrong ,,once I had there is a intermittent problem.

Certainly needs investigation. A forum team member will be along in around 48 hours to get your details.

Asked for a newer hub /box as mine is old ,got told I need to have O2 SIM card to qualify.

If the hub is capable of getting the speed performance you are paying for it is unlikely VM will upgrade you. The kit is rented & it isn’t stipulated what specific equipment should be provided to get that speed.

Any help would be great 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for replying, yeah VM will upgrade box /hub for a one of payment £35 and you must take a 02 SIM card from them .Am with Vodafone and very happy with my deal ..Don't want to be forced to take out extra and pay more every MTH .

Hi @Bailey36 👋.

Thanks for your post. Apologies for the delay in responding. 

Are you still having issues in this matter, please get back in touch with us.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi ..yes still cutting out at random times ,takes about 5 minutes before it comes back on plus internet running slow , getting really annoyed now . actually thinking of changing provider as been going on for months now and not sorted .

Hi, I am also having issues with internet keep dropping, I have called and asked for a engineer but VM have refused as they say there is no problem. If I supply logs, will you be able to check my connection please to see if I need an engineer. Many thanks. 

I have that also VM saying everything is ok ,,once said there's an intermittent connection problem,,but if you run a test ..it pops up saying (can't at the moment seems to be Problem ) hopefully someone from VM will be in contact soon 

Hi @Bailey36 

I have had a look into your service and I can see there may be an issue with your hub power level. In this case, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs