Menu
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet cuts out every 15-20 minutes for 20 seconds

You're welcome @jdbann

I am assuming you've managed to view the appointment?

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
jdbann
Tuning in
Message 12 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Yes, thank you. Appointment all confirmed.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 37
Flag for a moderator

That's great @jdbann 

Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
jdbann
Tuning in
Message 14 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to say this Lee but the problem seems to be back!

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Connection

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi jdbann,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, we are sorry to see you are having issues again with your connection, I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues showing,  

I can see there are many devices connected via WIFI however it may be the case some of them are older devices which may not be connected, can you try a pin reset on the Router just to rule out a software issue and to clear any unused devices from the list, first check all the internal connections are hand tight then push a pin/ paper clip in the back of the Router where it says reset, push in until you feel it press then hold in for a timed 1 Minute, do not reboot during or after and allow 15 Minutes to settle afterwards?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
jdbann
Tuning in
Message 16 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

I gave that a go around 11am as you suggested and already we've had a couple of these blips again.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for confirming those details. I'm going to book a technician appointment so that we can look into this issue for you. I'll just need to confirm a few details via Private Message, please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
jdbann
Tuning in
Message 18 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laurie (and everyone else on the forum team)

Thank you for setting up a visit from an engineer. They came on Friday and were incredibly helpful. They swapped out our Hub, found noise on the line so attached us to a different unused cable outside the building and should have left notes asking for a new cable to be installed.

It's now Sunday though and the service hasn't been much better:

fe4da712c023f1d604767c15c1461e6724409773.png

On Friday afternoon I was seeing cut-outs again. I updated the monitor to the new IP around 2pm on Saturday and as you can see it was patchy, but then Sunday morning has been painful.

Is this likely to be an issue with the connection to the building? Is there anything extra you can do to help?

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 19 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi jdbann,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I'm glad that your engineer appointment went well, although it is obviously very disappointing that you are still having some issues.

I can see that there is an issue that has been reported on your account under the reference F009187712. This fault currently has an estimated resolution date of the 3rd of August 2021 at 16:05. Could you continue to monitor your connection after this date, and let us know if you are still having problems?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
jdbann
Tuning in
Message 20 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info about the fault - not sure if that was an outside thing or just the details from the visit? News to me either way!

If that was all resolved by 16:05 on the 3rd then I'm sorry to say that we're still seeing these frequent bouts of packet loss...

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Connection

0 Kudos