Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet cuts off every half an hour.

Hi,

We just got new HUB 3.0 as the virgin accounts have changed, I live in a shared house and the land lady pays for the internet.

The issue is and has been before that the internet just randomly drops and you have to connect/reconnect to the hub to get it back. That was the old HUB.

The new that we got yesterday has similar issues, but it would lose connection to internet and sometimes even the wifi would be of and the hub unreachable over the LAN and would not ping.

Sometimes there would be no internet but the settings page would say it does.

I set this up some 2 hours ago 

thinkbroadband 

HUB Network status

https://pastebin.com/udbF1ftp

Edit: Seems to be ok, past hour but who knows for how long

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet cuts off every half an hour.

Some of your Downstream Power Levels are too low.

This will need an engineer to put right.

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, for the reply

Internet just dropped again, could the issue be amplified by playing online game, as soon as I did within 5 minutes it dropped, would high packet throughput drop the connection? 

Also, if I call Virgin would I be able to arrange the engineer if I am not the one who has the account or pays bill on it, as I said it's shared accommodation. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The account holder needs to contact VM.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos