Menu
Orangerchloe
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet constantly dropping out

I think there is an issue with our Hub 3. 

We’ve had issues for the last month with the internet occasionally dropping out which spurred us into the first reset on the hub (to be clear as this is something the chatbot pulled up - the network was originally split to the 2.4 and 5G, but was having issues so is now reset - the problems are on both wired and wifi however) but generally when wired in we are getting 100mbps which is the expected level, the last couple of days this has completely changed and the internet is so intermittent that it is unusable, the speed text highs providing 40mbps but dropping within seconds to barely 1mbps, or erroring out completely. 

We have run through every process advised by Virgin chat and have spoken to customer service over the phone -

there are no outages in the area, we have restarted the hub, reset the hub, reset the hub using the Virgin Connect app, and run diagnostics via the service on the site - all of which day there are no issues. 

When speaking to the customer service advisor over the phone they stated that their checks showed no issues with the connection or hub and say that we can’t have a new hub to see if that is the issue as there are no issues showing, and the same when we requested an engineer, and have said I’ll have to try again tomorrow, but I can’t imagine the answer is going to be different if they can’t see the problem happening today. 

This is massively difficult as both myself and my partner work from home and have been tethering our laptops to my phone instead because of it! 

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet constantly dropping out

Can we establish whether there are actually any issues on an ethernet cable connection that occur at the same time as the wifi connection issues. What are the Hub lights showing/doing if/when the ethernet and wifi connections drop out.

If its mainly speed issues on wifi connections only then its a different pathway to a solution than if the ethernet connections are flaky too.

Can you test if you aren't sure?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet constantly dropping out

Hi @Orangerchloe

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you checked on the above suggested by jbrennand?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos