Menu
KaneMalin1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet connection keeps dropping on multiple devices

Hi all, been having an issue with this for months now and honestly ready to loose it and just rip the box out, initially the connection was just dropping out on my pc so thought it may of been an isolated issue but now other devices are dropping out every few minutes and whenever I troubleshoot via Windows I get the same standard the default gateway is not available or no Internet, secured. Can I please get an engineer to visit my address as this is insane and haven't been able to get back into our account as the passwords have been lost. When connected I'm not even getting my full speed of the package we are paying for. I do believe it's an issue with the hardware as we have had nothing but issues since it was installed.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet connection keeps dropping on multiple devices

You haven't said whether the issues are only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check that - to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

Also what Hub is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
KaneMalin1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is the hub 3.0 and it is happening on both WiFi and ethernet dropping out, did a speed test when j was connected for a short period of time and WiFi has 20mbps download and 10mbps upload and ethernet was 2.22mbps download and 3.0mbps upload. The only light on the hub is the white bar at the bottom of the device indicating it powered on, none if the others show anything 

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi KaneMalin1, sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your connection.

I wasn't able to run any checks using your forum details alone, so look out for my PM and get back to me when you can so we can look further into this for you.

Tom

0 Kudos