cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection down again

GaiaWilds
Tuning in

Good afternoon all,

As always seems to be the case, I'm back again. Our internet connection was restored after being down the entire weekend a couple of weeks back and now it's slowed to a crawl again in DL3. 

We're down from 200mbps download and 20mbps upload to 7.49 mbps download and 2.49 mbps upload (all on a wired connection before I receive the cut and copy "Please move closer to the router" response).

Any suggestions on how to alleviate this situation or what could be causing it on my side or Virgin's would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Gaia

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The best you can do is follow the reports on the Area Status Webpage"

But also check try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GaiaWilds, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your services, we will do all we can to help. 

On checking, I have been unable to find your account to run a health check using your community details but if you could let us know how things have been, we will be happy to go from there.

Have you been able to check the service status page for updates here?

Let us know and we will do all we can to help. 

Thank you, 

Nat