Menu
Bumblebee93
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet cable cut whilst getting drive done

We are getting the front drive done and had a tree in the corner. The builders said the Internet cables were all entwined with the roots of the tree and so when they pulled up the roots, the wires tore. Does anybody know how much this repair will cost? The builders have told us that Virgin will do this for free as the fact the wires were tangled is nobody’s fault... Also if the engineer comes out on the day, will they be able to fix it on the same day as the builders will be laying down the tarmac soon and so I don’t know if this will cause an issue to relaying the wires... thank you!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet cable cut whilst getting drive done

You will have to call it in as a fault - on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly though worth trying as soon as. They will give you the earliest appointment they have - you may be able to move it if they have the slot

VM normally charge £99 for a non-VM fault call out - but that can be waived is some situations - I think you should be able to blag that 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos