cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet but no WiFi

Dunninio
Joining in

Okay,

So every couple of weeks, I’ll suddenly lose all of my WiFi connection. I have 3 wired Ethernet devices, they continue to work fine and my HUB 5 has a steady white light, which I believe indicates internet access. No amount of trying allows any of my devices to connect. I’ve tried short and long pinhole resets, I’ve had an engineer out who said all his readings were terrible and he moved me in the cabinet, all was well for a couple of weeks, then back to intermittent issues. I log in and check service and just get that a message asking me to check back after 24 hours, then 23 hours etc….. I’m about thirty seconds away from cancelling my Direct Debit, seeing them in court for the money and stuff the consequences. Never had this with sky and I had 60Mb not 1Gb speeds that Virgin claim. I’ve got 2 kids off school, no WiFi, paying for extra data on their phones etc. Absolutely rubbish. Can anyone advise please? Any idea why this might be? Seems bizarre I have internet but no WiFi.

A very annoyed,

Karl

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

To fix this issue this week, put the Hub 5 into Modem mode add a 3rd Party Wi-Fi Router.

The Hub 5 is decent as a Modem, but as a router as you have found it is patchy to unserviceable.

The link below is an example of a Wi-Fi Router with a 2.5Gb/s WAN port, there are plenty of other makes and models and price points available.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-ax55-pro/

Life is too short to be cancelling DD Payments.

Thanks for the reply.

There’s no way I’m paying for third party equipment - it’s not patchy, it’s useless and Virgin will need to sort it. I’ll certainly aren’t paying £150 for equipment I never needed with sky. If it’s not fit for purpose, I’ll walk away.

I understand your point on DDs, I’m just very frustrated. I won’t pay for a service I’m not getting.

Karl

Client62
Legend

Call it in as a fault on 150 or 0345 454 1111 from a non-VM phone.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dunninio thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

We can see that you have obtained help via other methods which is great news - if you do need any further help, please let us know!
Many thanks

Tom_W