cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet and Wi-Fi drop outs AGAIN. [COMPLAINT]

deans6571
Wise owl

I wish to make a complaint for a VM rep to respond.

Over the past week, I have been experiencing Wi-Fi and internet dropouts from my Hub 3 (on a 250Mb connection) which normally occur in the evening for anything between 5 minutes to 30 minutes, as shown by my charts, here:

6th Sept'23

deans6571_0-1695112117061.png

8th Sept'23

deans6571_1-1695112199813.png

9th Sept'23

deans6571_2-1695112255070.png

10th Sept'23

deans6571_3-1695112319475.png

11th Sept'23

deans6571_4-1695112376026.png

14th Sept'23

deans6571_5-1695112444647.png

15th Sept'23

deans6571_6-1695112512525.png

16th Sept'23

deans6571_7-1695112565224.png

17th Sept'23

deans6571_8-1695112623459.png

Please can I have a response.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi deans6571,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for the issues you've had with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look on our side now and I am unable to see anything that could be affect this. 

Can you confirm if you are still having issues with this?

^Martin

@Martin_N wrote:

Hi deans6571,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for the issues you've had with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look on our side now and I am unable to see anything that could be affect this. 

Can you confirm if you are still having issues with this?

^Martin

Hi Martin.

There was a blip on Wed 20th Sept:

deans6571_0-1695370388377.png

And also on Thursday/Friday morning at 2am :

deans6571_1-1695370465234.png

If there are no issues showing on your side, could these drop outs stem from my device (I have the Hub 3) ?

Would changing to a newer Hub rectify these issues ?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response on this deans6571,

Just also for a bit of clarification during this are wired devices also dropping?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi.

I would say, no - wired devices are NOT dropping.

This appears to be an issue between the Hub and the device if this is only via wireless connections. Do all devices drop out of the wireless network or just certain/individual devices?

Rob

risc19
Well-informed

If there is packet loss on the BQM then it is between the HUB and the internet not the device for heavens sake.

I have exactly the same problem at the moment, as does many other people on these forums, just look!

@Robert_P wrote:

This appears to be an issue between the Hub and the device if this is only via wireless connections. Do all devices drop out of the wireless network or just certain/individual devices?

Rob

Hi.

Have to say that I think you are mistaken.

Its ALL the wifi devices which drop off the wifi network - iPads, iPhones, games consoles, TVs. Every single one drops off so clearly its not a Hub to device issue..........

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @deans6571 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies in the delay in responding and with the issues that you are having with drop outs. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @deans6571 

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for Hub issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 

•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Sabrina