Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet and TV down - possible disruption from road work?

My Internet and TV stopped working this morning. I worry this may be related to the (non-VM) workmen who were digging up the road to lay new (non-VM) cables - the TV and Internet was working fine, but cut out shortly after drilling started.

I have a VM engineer booked for Saturday, but my reason for posting here is: I'm concerned that if this is the case, by Saturday the roadwork may have finished, and the holes filled in, making this harder to resolve, so I wondered it may be useful for VM to be aware of this possibility. Since I booked online, there was no opportunity to write in any details.

Of course I can't be 100% certain, so it may be a pure coincidence. Not sure if there are any Virgin Media employees watching this who can advise? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet and TV down - possible disruption from road work?

Couple of things to do ...

Take a couple of photos of the works, down the holes views would be ideal.

Post the road and property number and postcode nearest the works.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the holes were already partly filled but I took photos anyway, a good idea for keeping a record.

It's fixed now - thankfully the Virgin Media cable is one that runs along near the surface and he was able to repair it. It was cleanly cut, it appears it was indeed the work being done (searching these forums I see we're not the only victims of a certain company that's rolling out a new UK fibre network...)

The phone line was also cut, and the repair for that is temporary and needs more work, so he said he'll be booking out a further visit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mdwh, thanks for your post - sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I'm also sorry to hear about the problems you've had with the service, but glad this has since been rectified. 

Hopefully there's ben some progress with the full-repair of the phone-line too. If you need any further support please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Tom 

0 Kudos