cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet and TV break every sunny day

hot_very_hot
Tuning in

Every day that it is sunny, our internet and TV services drop some time between 9 and 11am.

The Internet service goes altogether, and the TV goes so pixellated on all channels that it is unwatchable (recordings still work, there's nothing wrong with either of our TIVO boxes).

The cabinet is south-facing, and we believe it is obvious that the cabinet is overheating on these days. The cabinet is located on Hatfield House Lane, S5 6HZ, in Sheffield. I have already reported this as damage to the cabinet on the hotline on Sunday.

This does not happen on cool or overcast days - it was cloudy yesterday and they stayed working fine all day.

This happened last year too, but this year it started happening at the end of May. After a little while of it happening daily, we realised the probable cause and reported it.  An engineer was booked.

The engineer visit was then cancelled by VM as the fault had been found.

It then went away for a bit (cooler weather) then started happening daily from early-mid June.

An engineer came and swapped our Hub for a new one, which fixed another problem, but the daily outage of internet and TV continued.

Every time it happens I call 151 and get told by recorded message that the fault has been found and will be fixed.  The internet and TV services work again from about 6pm when the cabinet has cooled.  Then the problem happens again the next day, and ringing 151 again tells me "the fault has been found".

This is very frustrating, especially when we need the internet during the day such as my mum needing it for daily meetings.  We have been with cable services since it was Yorkshire Cable and this is the worst problem we have ever had with it.

Please can you look into this and please request an engineer actually attends and checks the cabinet?

I already contacted another helpline by WhatsApp (as advised by a representative on Twitter) to explain the problem, but I got an automated message saying no human will respond so I don't even know if I needed to write it in a specific way for a computer to understand, or if a human will read it, or what.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

hot_very_hot
Tuning in

OR it's the box on the front of the house! Not south-facing but does get a lot of sun.

Either way, I need someone to come out and check these please and do any necessary repairs or adjustments.

Thanks agin.

I managed to get through to someone who said this needs an engineer.

I was then put on hold whille he was booking an appointment. Then the call dropped while I was holding.

Can an employee please tell me when my appointment is??

If there is one it will show in your account at MVM. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks. I didn't think of that (will keep in mind for the future) but rang back and they let me know when it is. Hopefully this will now be fixed when the engineer comes next week.