Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet - access denied

HI,

Just upgraded to a new hub 3.0 to replace the 2.0. The router itself is detectable and connects on all devices. I rang the number and it says the connection signal was sent but there’s still nothing in terms of internet access. I’ve tried on 2 iPads and iPhone via WiFi and my PC via Ethernet cable.

Nothing.

When I log into the Router via the IP it says that the upstream and downstream are ‘locked’ and the internet status is ‘access denied’.

Tried everything: resets, renewing lease, off/on, modem mode & back again. Nothing works. Diagnostic says nothing wrong with WiFi signal or Ethernet connection, but does show Broadband as blocked.

I have an engineer coming but it’s not until Saturday and I think it’s probably something at VMs end rather than mine. There’s nothing I can do in the settings at all, it seems like the activation signal didn’t go through. Is there anyone else who’s had this?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet - access denied

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the 'Configuration tab onto here.

Personally I don't think that the Hub has been properly activated.

Did you phone the Hub Activation number -  0800 953 9500  

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet - access denied

Thanks.

As if by magic it mysteriously started working at exactly 9:30am yesterday...

I wonder if the activation signal gets resent at certain times? Or anything ‘outstanding’ from the day before gets ‘cleared’ the next day?

Who knows. But it’s working now and it’s fine.

0 Kudos