cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet: access denied (KT18)

banjhiyi
On our wavelength

At my wits end here. Been onto Twitter support all day with no joy so turning to you for help.

Broadband has been down since 11am today (20/11/2023). Checked the status page and no issues reported. There were issues with TV.

I’ve been through the whole process of rebooting devices and still no broadband.

My Superhub 3.0 was operating in modem mode but eventually I reset to factory settings. This made no difference. It’s now back in modem mode.

The status page at 192.168.100.1 (and 192.168.0.1 when I reset) is showing ‘Access Denied’ next to ‘Internet’.

As far as I’m aware there are no billing issues on the account, and I’ve made no changes to cabling or devices.

This does appear to be an upstream issue with Virgin Media but I’m getting no joy with them admitting this or giving me an ETA for a fix (which for a homeworker is less than ideal).

Is there some sort of line test you can do to my cabinet to at least check if it’s being worked on or is out of action in some way?

Thanks very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

banjhiyi
On our wavelength

This has seemingly been resolved. VM finally updated the status page 9 hours after the problems started and just after 10pm, broadband came back.

Not impressed by the denials all day and the time wasted when it was obvious all along the problems were at VM’s end.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

banjhiyi
On our wavelength

This has seemingly been resolved. VM finally updated the status page 9 hours after the problems started and just after 10pm, broadband came back.

Not impressed by the denials all day and the time wasted when it was obvious all along the problems were at VM’s end.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Always check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

banjhiyi
On our wavelength

Thanks but I tried both of those options and neither was reporting a fault. Suspect what happened is a few more people got home and called in/complained.